Abyss : Model AB-1266
Abyss Headphones came about from the need for a superior way to listen to music. From the very first note you will hear musicians and instruments in a whole new way. Voices appear out of nowhere and float in between your ears. Piano is in front of you to the left, singers in the center of your forehead while drums are slightly forward of them. No electronic tricks, simply the natural sounds of the recording coming through striking emotional chords, that's Abyss.
Abyss is a fabulous alternative to being at the Philharmonic or any live event. Purchase a quality recording, hit play and enjoy the performance at your leisure. Designed by experienced audiophiles who deeply understand the importance an emotional connection with their music has on their lives. These headphones offer a more human connection to the music and help promote calm.
Travelers who enjoy high quality music at home can now have it to go. Add a high quality portable headphone amplifier and bring your favorite music with you. Abyss is the finest portable music system money can buy.
Abyss comes as a system with high quality audiophile grade cables, leather man bag with ample room for portable electronics, and a sturdy stand to help keep the headphones safe in your home. Machined aluminum construction and high quality finishes made to last a lifetime, lambskin and leather padding for a soft connection to the ears and head, and a plethora of adjustability for fit adds to your enjoyment of music for years to come.
- Made in the USA
- Rigid chassis consisting of left/right side frames and structural adjustable two piece headband. All components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
- High quality anodized finish with bare aluminum accents.
- Planar magnetic transducer design utilizing our proprietary very thin, very low mass diaphragm. Amazing bandwidth and low level detail retrieval in the bass, mids, and highs. No rear magnet structure typical of planar designs eliminates annoying reflections from behind allowing for a completely open sound. Matched driver pairs.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique breathable aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Unique adjustability allows for varying head shapes.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation, Abyss embroidered logo.
- Dual balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) XLR cable set, and both 1/4" (6.3 mm) and 4 pin XLR cable Y-adaptors, custom made by JPS Labs for Abyss. Internal lead wires also by JPS Labs.
- Heavy leather man bag style carry case with extra room and pockets for a portable amp/DAC and an iPad for a completely portable high resolution playback system.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- Heavy aluminum headphone stand laser engraved with the Abyss logo for easy storage and always ready to play.
- All main components permanently laser engraved for traceability and collectability.
Specs by the numbers
- Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 28 KHz
- Impedance: 46 ohms nominal (non-reactive)
- Sensitivity: 85 dB
- Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
- Weight: 660 grams (without cable)